Today I’ve managed to find a recipe that really covers all the bases. If you’ve been looking for a little something that cools you off, wakes you up, and tickles your sweet tooth, you’ve got to try a Chocolate Espresso Ice Cream Sandwich. For this delicious boon of your summer you’re going to need:
- 1oz of Unsweetened Chocolate
- ½ of a Cup of Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 2 ¼ Teaspoons of Finely Ground Coffee
- ¾ of a Cup of Flour
- 1/3 of a Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Ice Cream of Your Choice
- Before you even start anything, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and set out a stick of butter to soften. Get yourself some cookie sheets and cooling racks out and a double boiler if you have one. When your oven reaches temperature you can begin.
- Start by melting together half of your chocolate chips with the unsweetened chocolate and the butter. You’ll want to stir the chocolate and butter together in the bowl to combine it thoroughly. Alternatively, you can use a microwave safe bowl to melt everything together instead if you don’t have a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl, beat together your eggs and sugar. Combine your espresso with eggs and sugar and then the melted chocolate, mixing them together completely, then, add your flour and baking powder followed by the second cup of chocolate chips.
- When placing your dough, roll it into balls about an inch in diameter and place them two inches apart on the cookie sheet. You’ll want to bake them for about 10 minutes. You’ll notice the cookies beginning to crack when they’re close to being done. When you take the cookies out, place them on your cooling racks and store them in an airtight container.
- It’s important that you let the cookies cool to at least room temperature before combining them with your ice cream. Please note that if you try to put ice cream on the cookies while they’re still hot, it will melt and make a huge mess! Allow the ice cream to soften beforehand and place a scoop on top of a cookie, then place a second cookie on top of your dollop of ice cream.
Eat immediately or store in the freezer for a delicious summertime treat!