Hello coffee and espresso lovers, if you just received your ECM Casa V or are planning on purchasing one, we have a couple of tips for you to take your espresso-brewing experience to the next level.
If you’ve been brewing espresso for a while, you’ve probably noticed that locking your portafilter and getting an even stream for espresso can be a hassle. If you’re new to all of this, good, we’re here to save you from this headache. Here’s what you need to know:
Caffewerks Silicone Group Gasket
The Caffewerks Silicone Group Gasket is a small and simple tool that can drastically change the way that you produce great quality espresso. The benefits of having this silicone-designed tool are that it will prevent over-tightening your portafilter which further prevents burning the flavor out of your coffee grounds before brewing your espresso. The gasket acts as a spacer between the group head and the portafilter by creating a seal at 6 o’clock so you’ll maintain all of the delicious flavors of your espresso. Some other benefits of having this neat tool include:
- It produces consistent quality espresso
- It lasts longer than rubber gaskets. Rubber gaskets put more pressure on your wrist, so you’re more inclined to over-tighten your portafilter which results in reduced flavor and burned coffee before extraction.
Read more about the Caffewerks Silicone Group Gasket here and read what your fellow coffee and espresso lovers have to say about it!
IMS Nanotech Casa V
What could be standing between the performance of your Casa V and an evenly distributed coffee extraction? A stock screen that doesn’t give you an even distribution for a flavorful espresso. We’ve seen how various shower screens can greatly affect the stream and final product of your espresso. If you have a stock screen in your machine, chances are that the water is dispensing unevenly through the puck. With the Nanotech Shower Screen, there are larger holes with better spacing so you’re getting an even distribution of water over the puck and a more flavorful espresso in the cup. Some other benefits of having the Nanotech Shower Screen include:
- Consistent extraction
- Nanoquartz coating - prevents corrosion and promotes even coffee infusion
- Easy to install
The silicone gasket and the Nanotech Screen are sure to enhance your experience with the ECM Casa V to ensure you’re getting the best quality espresso in a quality German and Italian-designed semi-automatic machine. Here are more qualities that we love in this charming Semi-automatic espresso machine:
What’s to Love About the ECM Casa V?
- One of the best and smallest semi-automatic machines under $1000
- Single-Boiler/Dual-Use - It takes a couple of minutes to warm up the 0.4-liter brass boiler and is ready to steam in just one minute!
- A simple and entry-level friendly machine
- An excellent home machine that produces cafe-quality espresso
- 1200 Watt Heating Element