A popular treat in Italy is Affogato. This delightful treat is made with ice cream and espresso poured on top. Here is a unique recipe that combines this traditional treat with cinnamon.
You Will Need
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 4 full cinnamon graham crackers (ground to crumbs)
- 1/2 cup espresso (hot, or room temp) For best end results we used Lavazza Top Class
- 1 full cinnamon graham cracker (split in 1/2)
How to Make Affogato With A Cinnamon Twist
- Chill 2 bowls for about 20 minutes.
- While bowls are chilling, grind the 4 graham crackers, in a coffee grinder if available.
- When bowls are cold, remove from freezer.
- Scoop the ice cream into small balls, coat each ball with graham cracker crumbs and put 3 - 4 balls into each bowl. Do it quickly, so the ice cream doesn't melt.
- Place the coated ice cream balls in the freezer for another 20-30 minutes, to re-solidify.
- Right before taking ice cream out of the freezer, make your espresso.
- Pour espresso over ice cream balls to taste, top with 1/2 graham cracker