This fabulous and creative creation took #2nd place in our 2015 Changing Flavors Contest. It combines everyones favorites - coffee, bbq and whiskey! Yummy stuff!
Submitted by: Catherine
- 1 ounce bourbon whiskey
- 1 tablespoon salted caramel sauce or ice cream topping
- 6 - 7 ounces freshly brewed, piping hot coffee (The original recipe used cold-smoked coffee beans, but a French roast works great too!)
- 3 heaping tablespoons sweetened whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon maple-whiskey flavored barbecue sauce (or any preferred barbecue sauce)
- Mesquite smoked sea salt (optional)
In a small microwavable bowl, mix together the bourbon and salted caramel sauce and microwave for 20 seconds or until mixture is smooth and hot.
Pour hot coffee into cup and stir in bourbon sauce.
In small bowl, stir together the whipped cream and barbeque sauce and float on top of coffee.
Sprinkle a small amount of smoked salt on top, if desired.